Tuesday, July 21, 2015

Study Abroad Day 20: Benvenuti a Roma

Our last day in Milan has arrived! We woke up finished packing and took our bags down for the hotel to hold until it was time for the train station. Cal, Sam and I walked down the street to Eataly to get some breakfast and snacks for the train. I ordered a cappuccino and Cal got a frozen mocha. I don't normally drink coffee or caffeine at home but if I could have a cappuccino like this every morning I'd be a coffee addict! We spent a good hour exploring Eataly again and got some yummy snacks.


We went back to the hotel to meet up with the rest of our group and make the trek to the train station. It always interesting when we travel with such a big group of people. We took up most of the room in the hallway of the translation, waiting to see what platform our train would be on. Cal and I made it on the train and spent almost four hours doing homework and talking to each other. I absolutely love train travel because you get so much leg room and a bunch more space in general!


We got to Rome and headed right for the Colosseum! It was golden hour so the light was perfect and we got some amazing shots. (p.s. sorry we don't have any makeup on, it was a long day on the train)


We checked into our hotel and relaxed in the air conditioning for a little while. Our stomachs were grumbling but it was already 10:30, so we headed across the street from the hotel for a convenient meal. I was pretty surprised that this obviously touristy restaurant had some pretty great food. I snapped a photo of my plain pasta (my stomach was upset so I went plain) and Sam's sausage pizza:


We went back to the hotel showered and caught up on all things internet! We were exhausted by midnight so we headed to sleep.

Goodnight Roma, see you in the morning!

<3 Morg



No comments:

Post a Comment