Thursday, July 16, 2015

Study Abroad Day 15: Aiguille du Midi Mountain Adventure

We woke up around 7:30 and headed down for breakfast and class at the hotel. After classes Cal, Sam and I went to a local grocery store to buy food for our picnic at the top of the mountain. Cal and I found some items we were very excited about, Dr. Pepper and gluten free treats:


We gathered up our stuff at the hotel and headed to the tram station which is right outside our hotel. Getting to the top of the mountain was quite an experience. We were crammed into the car like sardines and many of the people spent the whole ride panicking and screaming. Once we got off the tram it was like we had just stepped straight into heaven. I have been to many mountainous regions but this was something completely different!


We picnicked with the most amazing view in the world. I honestly can't imagine somewhere more breathtaking. Of course, I had to eat some guacamole and chips to honor my New Mexico roots:


Sam, Cal and I took our hands-up photo, its become a tradition:


Being in Chamonix has made me look at life in a new way. I'm so incredibly grateful to have the opportunity to travel the world and make new friends. Many people never get to see these amazing sights and I'm so glad that we do! I couldn't help but thank God for this spectacular creation; photos can only capture part of the magic here.

I'm in love with you, Chamonix!

<3 Morg


No comments:

Post a Comment